Based in part on a survey of 134 actual and potential distributors, Home Emergency Insurance and Assistance in France is a report plus an associated PartnerBASE™ dataset and market data file about the market for this type of cover in France. In essence, the term ‘home emergency insurance and assistance’ encompasses prepaid policies that are sold on a stand-alone basis, or bundled with utility services, household / landlord insurance or banking products, that cover at least one or more of the following home-related problems:
- malfunctioning of gas boilers, gas supply pipes, gas central heating or air conditioning;
- problems with plumbing, drainage or water supply pipes;
- electrical emergencies or breakdowns.
Demand for such prepaid cover among both consumers and landlords is likely to rise in future not only because of growth in the number of insurable properties but also as a result of the increase in popularity of smart home devices that can be linked automatically with home assistance networks.
Key features of this report include:
- quantification of the market size for home emergency insurance and assistance: how much is the market worth in France, how does it break down by customer and policy type, and how is it likely to grow through to 2021?
- identification of providers of home emergency cover that have established relationships with energy firms, water companies, household / landlord insurers and boiler / air conditioning unit manufacturers, and calculation of both their unweighted share of partnerships in each channel and their share of revenues in the overall market;
- analysis of the degree to which home emergency cover is provided automatically or cross-sold as an optional extra in France – this has a very significant impact on household penetration rates and market values;
- assessment of the potential for marketing home emergency cover through alternative channels including online aggregators and brokers, other online brands and banking products, as well as direct sales and automotive clubs.
Types of organisation that may be able to use this report, plus the PartnerBASE™ dataset and market data file that accompanies it, include entities in the following categories:
- assistance companies: this study constitutes a unique guide to an under-researched yet significant and continually evolving market - be fully appraised of what growth could mean for your organisation;
- insurance companies: as a concept that can be made distinct from regular household and landlord insurance, home emergency insurance and assistance can either be sold stand-alone or packaged within household / landlord insurance policies;
- utilities companies and manufacturers of boilers / air conditioning systems: growth in the market for home emergency cover, allied to apparently high profit margins, presents a revenue enhancement opportunity for electricity, gas and water companies plus product manufacturers as well as insurance and assistance firms;
- management consultancies: are you helping an insurance or assistance provider to develop its business in France, or are you advising an energy or water firm with regards to how it can improve its profitability? If so, this research will provide you with important insights into the market for home emergency insurance and assistance.
For further information about this research, please access the table of contents and report prospectus by clicking on the links at the top of this page, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin downloading this document you will need to either sign in or create an account below.
Stay informed with Finaccord insights
Sign up to receive offers, news and information via email
All personal information is collected and used in accordance with our privacy statement.
Finaccord is a market research, publishing and consulting company specialising in insurance and other financial services. Finaccord is part of Aon Global Operations, Singapore Branch.