Global Expatriates: Size, Segmentation and Forecast for the Worldwide Market is a report and interactive ExpatriateBASE™ dataset that provides an overview of the size and segmentation of the global expatriate population. Including data rounded up for the world as a whole, this is based primarily on a detailed analysis for 30 inbound and 25 outbound countries, selected on the basis of their economic importance and significance in the context of the expatriate market.
In particular, the research specifies the total number of expatriates resident in the inbound countries and originating from the outbound countries for the years 2013, 2017 and 2021, and segments this further by purpose between five standardised categories, namely individual workers, corporate and other transferees (including diplomatic staff and employees of NGOs as well as employees of international corporations), students, retired expatriates, and 'other' expatriates (defined as non-employed spouses and children).
Inbound countries researched (i.e. destination countries for expatriates) are Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, the Netherlands, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UAE, the UK and the US.
Outbound countries researched (i.e. expatriate countries of origin) are Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UK and the US.
Furthermore, in addition to the 25 core outbound countries that were researched for each of the 30 inbound countries, the report also establishes the same data for other important country-specific expatriate groups (e.g. the number of Algerian, Indonesian and Mexican expatriates residing, respectively, in France, Hong Kong and the US).
You may be able to use this report and the interactive ExpatriateBASE™ dataset that accompanies it in one or more of the following ways:
- gain access to a single source of information that provides a comprehensive and standardised overview of the worldwide expatriate market;
- understand which are the largest expatriate segments by inbound and outbound country, which have been growing most rapidly and which are forecast to increase most strongly in future;
- appreciate the size of the opportunity for promoting products and services to expatriate groups in each of 30 inbound countries as defined by country of origin;
- adjust your approach to marketing to expatriates leaving particular outbound countries in the light of the reliable data about the destinations to which they are migrating;
- develop a strategy for targeting expatriates with the knowledge of how their number will evolve by category, by inbound country and by outbound country up to 2021.
For further information about this research, please access the table of contents and report prospectus by clicking on the links at the top of this page, or e-mail email@example.com.