Travel Insurance and Assistance in Spain is about the current status and likely future development of the market for stand-alone travel insurance policies in Spain. It includes the following unique features:
- data spanning 2014 to 2018 for the underlying travel market with segmentations by destination (between EU countries, non-EU European countries, North America and the rest of the world) and by type of journey (between holiday and business trips);
- data for the size of the market for stand-alone travel insurance cover in Spain between 2014 and 2018 in terms of premiums and policies, with a segmentation between not only single-trip and annual cover but also between holiday and business / corporate cover;
- analyses of the share of distribution relationships of travel insurance providers split between travel trade, transportation and financial organisations, based on a primary survey of 230 actual and potential distributors of stand-alone travel policies including airlines, banks, ferry / railway operators, insurance brands and specialised lenders, plus both traditional and online travel trade entities;
- a review of other direct and affinity distribution channels used in Spain including automotive clubs, direct sales, online aggregators, other online brands and retailers, plus cover packaged with payment cards and bank accounts;
- estimates for the market share of travel insurance and assistance gross premiums for the top ten underwriters of this type of cover in Spain in 2018 with these data points expressed as a percentage range (e.g. 5.0% to 7.5%);
- forecasts to 2022 for both the underlying travel market and for the size of the market for stand-alone travel insurance and assistance in terms of premiums and policies, with the same segmentations as those specified above for the period from 2014 to 2018.
The report, which represents an update and expansion to previous Finaccord studies on the subject, is accompanied by an Excel PartnerBASE™ dataset that details the travel insurance partnerships identified, plus a convenient market data annexe, also in Excel format. This annexe can be used as a convenient source of data already in Excel format which means that there is no need for users to re-enter data from the PDF report into their own Excel worksheets.
For further information about this research, please access the table of contents and series prospectus by clicking on the links at the top of this page, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.